Seoul is launching a closed test run of the first stage of its metaverse project on Wednesday.
See related article: South Korea wants to be the physical home of the metaverse
- The test run will feature the virtual reconstruction of Seoul city hall and the Seoul Plaza, where participants can participate in interactive activities and games.
- It also features a virtual counseling room for youth – where they can meet and discuss their concerns with mentors in the metaverse — the city explains this will help ease apprehensions of feeling uncomfortable speaking to a potential mentor in person.
- The soft open will have around 3,200 participants from Seoul Learn, the city’s online learning platform and experts from Seoul IT Tech Governance Group.
- The first stage of Metaverse Seoul is planned to officially launch at the end of November this year.
- The official launch of the first stage will include digital services that citizens can apply and receive various proof documents, and a metaverse complaint center with a live chat service.
- Last year, Seoul announced a five-year plan to recreate the city in the metaverse in three stages.
See related article: S.Korea’s science ministry announces ethical principles for the metaverse