18 December, 2022 | Pravina Srivastava
The projects include a wide range of industries, including housing, roads, agriculture, telecommunications, information technology, tourism, and hospitality
Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to Meghalaya and Tripura today inaugurated projects worth Rs 6,800 crore.
The projects include a wide range of industries, including housing, roads, agriculture, telecommunications, information technology, tourism, and hospitality. Prime Minister also attended the North Eastern Council’s golden jubilee celebrations in Shillong. The Council was formally established on November 7, 1972.
NEC has played an important role in the socioeconomic development of the North Eastern region, lending assistance to different infrastructure projects and other development efforts across all states in the region. It has aided in the creation of important capital and social infrastructure, particularly in crucial gap sectors such as education, health, sports, water resources, agriculture, tourism, and industry, among others.
Let’s have a look at these projects:
1. During the North Eastern Council meeting at the State Convention Centre in Shillong, Prime Minister laid the groundwork for a number of projects totaling more than Rs 2450 crore.
2. In an effort to improve regional telecom connection, Prime Minister dedicated 4G mobile towers, of which more than 320 have been finished and around 890 are under construction.
3. PM Modi inaugurated the new IIM Shillong campus at Umsawli. The ribbon-cut ceremony took place on the Shillong-Diengpasoh Road, which will improve access to the new Shillong satellite township and help to decongest Shillong.
4. Laid the groundwork for four more road projects in three states: Meghalaya, Manipur, and Arunachal Pradesh.
5. PM Modi inaugurated the Spawn Laboratory at the Mushroom Development Center in Meghalaya to boost mushroom spawn production and give skill training to farmers and businesses.
6. He also launched the Integrated Beekeeping Development Centre in Meghalaya, which will help beekeeping farmers better their livelihoods via capacity building and technical advancement.
7. Prime Minister dedicated 21 Hindi libraries in Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, and Assam.
8. Prime Minister laid the groundwork for six road projects in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, and Tripura. In addition, he also builds the groundwork for the Tura Integrated Hospitality and Convention Centre and Shillong Technology Park Phase II. The built-up area of the Technology Park Phase II would be about 1.5 lakh square feet.
It will open up new prospects for professionals and is estimated to generate over 3000 new employment. The Integrated Hospitality and Convention Centre will include a convention hub, guest rooms, a food court, and other amenities, as well as the infrastructure needed to promote tourism and cultural heritage in the region.
9. In Agartala, PM laid the foundation stone for many significant initiatives worth over Rs. 4350 crore in a public gathering at about 2:45 p.m.
10. Prime Minister states the start of Grih Pravesh programme for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Rural beneficiaries. These bungalows, built at a cost of over Rs 3400 crore, would benefit nearly 2 lakh people.
11. With an emphasis on enhancing road connections, the Prime Minister laid the groundwork for the widening of the Agartala bypass (Khayerpur – Amtali) NH-08, which would alleviate traffic congestion in the city. He would also lay the groundwork for 32 roads totaling more than 230 kilometres in length under PMGSY III (Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana) and renovate 112 roads totaling more than 540 kilometres.
12. Prime Minister also dedicated the Anandnagar State Institute of Hotel Management and the Agartala Government Dental College.